Address: Ganja, Ozan Str., 205, AZ2000
Tel: +994 22 2668783
Veterinary specialty was first taught at Azerbaijan Veterinary Institute, established in Ganja in 1931. In 1933 it merged with Azerbaijan Agricultural Institute while the first graduation was held in 1935. Both Azerbaijani and Russian professors taught at the Institute.
In 1932-1937 professor Fatullabey Rzabeyli, who was one of the founders of Azerbaijan Pedagogy Institute, was also in charge of Zoology, Zoological hygiene, and Veterinary Services departments.
Outstanding scholars like academician Firuz Malikov, correspondent member of Academy of Science Agakhan Agabeyli, professors Rahim Sattarzadeh, Jahangir Akhundov, Mirza Sadikhov, Zulfugar Verdiyev, Kabutar Safarov, Rahim Mehdiyev, Yunis Safarov, Haji Hajiyev, Anvar Khalilov, Haji Guliyev, Aladdin Asgarov, Raul Gadimov, Rustam Rustamov, Agakerim Aliyev, Turan Turabov, Kamal Agalarov worked as the faculty.
In recent years the faculty’s infrastructure was significantly improved, modern laboratories, education, and training centers were opened. Veterinary clinic,artificial insemination training center, slaughterhouse,pathanatomic museum-auditorium, fishery laboratory, veterinary and sanitation technologies laboratory, chemical obstetrics laboratory, and other research and training areas were significantly upgraded.
- Therapy, obstetrics, and surgery
- Epizootiology, microbiology, parasitology
- Pharmaceutics and veterinary-sanitation examination
- Anatomy, patanomy, and pathophysiology
- Veterinary medicine (in Azerbaijani, Russian and English)
- Pharmaceutics (in Azerbaijani and Russian)
- Veterinary sciences
- Clinical pharmacology
- The technology of drugs, organization of pharmacy
- Veterinary Sciences (Obstetrics)
- Obstetrics chemistry
- Pharmacy chemistry, pharmacognos
Professor - Teaching Staff numbers
- Doctor of Science, professor - 2
- Ph.D., associate professor - 19
- Ph.D., senior lecturer -2
- Senior lecturer -16
- Assistant - 23
- Undergraduates – 700
- Graduates – 31
- Postgraduates – 20